Friday, August 10, 2007

The Nels Cline Singers- Confection

















Consumed.

Maybe I'm the only person in the world who'd like to hear Pat Metheny sit in with Sonic Youth. It might result in something like Draw Breath. The inspired improvisation is much more compelling than the recent similarly-minded Frisell/Motian/Lovano releases. Nels Cline manages to seemlessly blend the sounds Duane Eddy, John Fahey, Jimi Hendrix, Elliott Sharp and Marc Ribot. It's a probable year-end Top 10 album for me.

---
That's it!. I'm learning Portugese.

---
Mine is the only positive review I've seen of last night's Rufus Wainwright concert. I adored his performance.

---
Kansas City Click: OK Jones play a free show at the River Market Brewery tonight.

Like Johnny Thunders? So do The Rich Boys. They're at the Record Bar on Saturday.

T.I. headlines a big show at Kemper Arena on Sunday.

No comments: